While we’re all counting down the days to normalcy and freedom again, it’s common to feel some quarantine blues. It should come as no surprise to you that studies have shown social isolation, scary news and economic uncertainty can increase your anxiety and cause depression. But there is good news! One thing is available to everyone without a prescription or a visit to urgent care to help make you feel better: Orgasms! Here are 6 ways having an orgasm can help you beat the blues during this pandemic:
- Orgasms relieve stress. You release the hormone oxytocin at climax, which is a powerful stress-reliever! It makes you feel sociable, content, safe and relaxed and actually helps combat stress hormones in the body.
- Orgasms help you fall asleep. Having an orgasm releases the prolactin hormone, which makes you feel relaxed and sleepy.
- Orgasms strengthen your immune system. A study shows weekly or biweekly sex can help to boost the body’s antibodies. This is the best excuse to have an orgasm daily.
- Orgasms provide pain relief. Orgasm are said to raise your threshold for pain as well as help relieve pain from the body. Orgasm relives tension as oxytocin stimulates feelings of warmth and relaxation.
- Orgasms put you in a great mood. This one is simple. All the feel-good hormones that we get from orgasms put us in a great mood that lasts into the next day.
- Steady orgasms could help you live longer. A group of researchers in Wales looked into the relationship between orgasms and mortality. The researchers concluded “sexual activity seems to have a protective effect on men’s health.” Researchers also discovered the women who reported a frequency of orgasm during intercourse tended to live longer than those who reported being less sexually fulfilled.
Bottom line: an orgasm a day keeps the doctor (and the blues) away! Remember: Jimmyjane is always here to lend a helping hand.